Partner Name: Uganda Small Scale Industries Association
E-volunteer location: Canada
Partner Location: Uganda
Duration: 4 months
Time Commitment: 30 hours per week
Do you have a background in Human Resources and want to use your skills to support a not-for-profit to build their HR practices in Uganda?
As the Human Resources Advisor E-volunteer, you would support the Uganda Small Scale Industries Association in reviewing their HR policy documents, advise them on strategies to improve staff productivity and develop relevant HR management approaches, which in turn will help them to better meet their objectives of supporting the small-scale industries sector of Uganda in growing and gaining success.
Apply today to play a role in supporting economic development opportunities in Uganda!
- Review and provide feedback on current Human Resource management policies, processes and practices;
- Develop relevant HR tools and templates;
- Share best practices related to increasing staff motivational;
- Participate in pre-assignment online training;
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment. You will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits;
- Co-develop an E-volunteer work plan using WUSC volunteer work plan template;
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in Human Resources or a related field;
- Experience in human resource management;A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience in conducting HR audits;
- Understanding of staff motivation, retention and exit strategies;
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group;
- Comfortable using online working platforms;
- Access to a reliable internet connection;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience in capacity building, research and writing skills;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
Partner DescriptionThe Uganda Small Scale Industries Association (USSIA) is a not-for-profit business association of Micro, Small and Medium Industries (MSMIs) with a strong membership base of about 5000 registered Micro, Small and Medium Industries. USSIA is driven to support and equip small and medium sized enterprises especially the small scale industries sector of Uganda for success and economic growth.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, USSIA office had just completed their strategic planning and was looking forward to operationalising this strategy. One of the key areas that require further support is the Human Resource (HR) department with a key focus on policies, procedures and systems. In the current COVID-19 context, the organization is looking to review its HR policies and align staff skill sets as well as develop tools to deliver the new strategic plan.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!
Your work building capacity towards more resilient and inclusive economies is needed now more than ever! Though we have temporarily closed our offices globally, WUSC continues to work with our partners around the world, including through the support of e-volunteers residing in Canada. You can work remotely from your kitchen table and still make an impact through WUSC’s NEW e-volunteering program! See available opportunities below.
If you are interested in volunteering internationally with us, we still want to hear from you. We are continuing to recruit for open international volunteer positions, though departures are on hold. We will not place volunteers internationally until we are fully confident that it is safe to do so.