Partner Name: Participatory Development Associates
E-Volunteer Location: Canada
Partner Location: Ghana
Duration: 4 months
Time Commitment: 15 hours per week
Context for the Assignment:
Are you passionate about increasing economic opportunities for youth?
As the Institutional Partnership Advisor E-volunteer for Participatory Development Associates, you will support the organization in developing a robust strategy to establish and manage partnerships for organizational growth and project sustainability.
Apply today to support the empowerment of youth in Ghana!
- Support the review of existing programs within the organization to better understand current programming and partnerships within Ghana;
- Conduct research on youth initiatives in Ghana to identify potential collaborations and partnership opportunities;
- Support in developing a partnership database for the organization, detailing partnership opportunities with national, regional, and international actors in the private and development sectors;
- Design a comprehensive strategy to engage partners with government, civil society and private sector organizations;
- Support the development of promotional and outreach materials designed to enhance the visibility of the organization and attract new partnership opportunities;
- Participate in pre-assignment online training;
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals;
- Support the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits;
- Co-develop the e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using WUSC e-volunteer work plan template;
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in business administration, or other relevant fields;
- Experience in partnership management or strategy development, preferably in an international context;
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group;
- Comfortable using online working platforms;
- Access to a reliable internet connection;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and training, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
Participatory Development Associates (PDA) is an organization of skilled people in Ghana who aim to support processes of empowerment and self-determination in communities, organizations and individuals. PDA works with government, non-government and private organizations, as well as multilateral and bilateral organizations in areas such as decentralization, policy analysis and advocacy, poverty and social assessments, reproductive health, including gender and development, issues of governance in education, health and forestry, organization development with NGOs and other civil society organizations, and monitoring and evaluation. For more information, please see pdaghana.com/
WUSC Safeguarding Policy:
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!
Your work building capacity towards more resilient and inclusive economies is needed now more than ever! Though we have temporarily closed our offices globally, WUSC continues to work with our partners around the world, including through the support of e-volunteers residing in Canada. You can work remotely from your kitchen table and still make an impact through WUSC’s NEW e-volunteering program! See available opportunities below.
If you are interested in volunteering internationally with us, we still want to hear from you. We are continuing to recruit for open international volunteer positions, though departures are on hold. We will not place volunteers internationally until we are fully confident that it is safe to do so.