Title: Partnership Development Advisor (South-South Volunteer)
E-volunteer Location: Vietnam
Partner Name: Bac Thang Long College
Partner Location: Vietnam
Duration: 12 months (Flexible)
Time Commitment: Full time
Are you looking to improve education and economic opportunities globally? Do you have business development experience?
As the Partnership Development Advisor E-volunteer with Bac Thang Long College in Vietnam, you will support the college in its development of new partnerships to achieve its mission
Apply today and make a difference in the lives of women and youth in Vietnam!
- Review Bac Thang Long College’s current partnership development processes and existing network
- In conjunction with the partner, identify potential new partnerships
- Support in the creation of a new partnership development and assessment processes
- Participate in WUSC pre-assignment online training for volunteers
- Undertake public engagement activities before, during, and after the e-volunteer assignment. You will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits
- Co-develop an e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using the WUSC volunteer work plan template
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in business development, partnership development, or other related areas
- Experience developing new partnerships
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group
- Comfortable using online working platforms
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English
Bac Thang Long Economic Technical College (BTL), established in 2002, is a state-owned college in Hanoi, Vietnam. BTL provides vocational training and support to female migrants to help them find better jobs or establish their own businesses, and provides practical vocational training to youth. BTL’s vision is to become a multi-disciplinary college with various training levels to improve economic opportunities for women and youth. BTL has partnerships with more than 80 companies, collaborating to provide practical training that meets the needs of the market.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bac Thang Long Economic Technical College focused primarily on offline recruitment methods, promoting their training programs in person to high school students and through recruitment offices in and around Hanoi. In the current COVID-19 context, they are not able to implement any of these recruitment activities and have limitations in communication with their students and partners.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Your work building capacity towards more resilient and inclusive economies is needed now more than ever! Though we have temporarily closed our offices globally, WUSC continues to work with our partners around the world, including through the support of e-volunteers residing in Canada. You can work remotely from your kitchen table and still make an impact through WUSC’s NEW e-volunteering program! See available e-volunteer opportunities below and click here for our e-volunteer FAQ.
We are also currently recruiting people with Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status - or people with citizenship or permanent residence status in countries in Africa or Asia - who are presently living in Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka or Vietnam. If this is your case, apply today specifying your current country of residence.
International Departures - On Hold
If you are currently residing in Canada and interested in volunteering internationally with us, we still want to hear from you! We are continuing to recruit for open international volunteer positions, though departures are on hold until April 2021. We will not send international volunteers until we are fully confident that it is safe to do so.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!