Volunteer Assignment Location: Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Vietnam
- Residing in the country of WUSC assignment (Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka, Uganda, or Vietnam)
- Not a permanent resident or citizen of the country of WUSC assignment
- Not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada
- Have permanent residence or citizenship from one of the eligible countries (please see list at bottom of page)
Language of Assignment: English
Duration: 12 months (flexible)
Time commitment: 35 hours per week
Are you passionate about improving economic opportunities and gender equality for women and youth? Are you a foreign national currently residing in Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka, Uganda or Vietnam with an interest in volunteering? WUSC is recruiting individuals residing in any of these 6 countries to support one of our local partner organizations. By sharing your skills and experience, you can contribute to advancing gender equality and economic empowerment globally, while gaining new expertise and international connections.
Don’t see an assignment that directly matches your skillset? Apply to the South-South General Application today and we will review your profile against the current opportunities and all assignments under development. In your application, please include your CV and a cover letter stating your motivation to contribute to a volunteer assignment.
Will you join us by giving your time and skills to make a difference around the world? Apply now to become a volunteer!
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in a relevant field;
- Formal degree in a relevant field
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable using online working platforms
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with facilitation, training, and/or coaching
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English.
- Pre-assignment training is provided to all volunteers where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, and meet other volunteers
- Country level orientation and briefing on the work of WUSC upon beginning assignment
- Cost of visas and work permits
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials
- Health insurance
- Modest monthly living and accommodation allowance
- Vacation leave entitlement.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form, and will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, there may be a delay of 2-3 weeks to respond to your application. Only applicants who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Eligible countries of citizenship or permanent residency:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Your work building capacity towards more resilient and inclusive economies is needed now more than ever! Though we have temporarily closed our offices globally, WUSC continues to work with our partners around the world, including through the support of e-volunteers residing in Canada. You can work remotely from your kitchen table and still make an impact through WUSC’s NEW e-volunteering program! See available e-volunteer opportunities below and click here for our e-volunteer FAQ.
We are also currently recruiting people with Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status - or people with citizenship or permanent residence status in countries in Africa or Asia - who are presently living in Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka or Vietnam. If this is your case, apply today specifying your current country of residence.
International Departures - On Hold
If you are currently residing in Canada and interested in volunteering internationally with us, we still want to hear from you! We are continuing to recruit for open international volunteer positions, though departures are on hold until April 2021. We will not send international volunteers until we are fully confident that it is safe to do so.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!