Partner Name: Mzuzu E-hub
Partner Location: Malawi
Duration: 12 Months (flexible)
Time Commitment: Full time
Context For The Assignment:
Are you passionate about creating a better world for all young people?As the Youth Engagement and Mentorship Advisor volunteer with Mzuzu E-Hub in Malawi, you will support the design and implementation of a youth development strategy to increase participation and involvement of young people from rural and urban communities in Mzuzu E-Hub’s entrepreneurship programs.Apply today to support the empowerment of youth in Malawi!
- Support the design and implementation of a youth engagement strategy for the organization, with a focus on youth inclusion in entrepreneurship programs
- Explore opportunities to further engage young people in program participation, through consultation, collaboration (youth-adult partnerships) and youth-driven initiatives
- Provide guidance on developing youth engagement activities and provide support in facilitating mentorship sessions with young entrepreneurs
- Participate in pre-assignment online training
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment. You will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits
- Co-develop a work plan using WUSC volunteer work plan template
- Participate in organizational and project improvement activities such as surveys, assessments and learning/planning sessions
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by WUSC Support country office staff in program related activities, when necessary.
- Degree and/or formal education in social sciences, community development, social work or a related field
- Experience working with youth organizations, particularly multi-stakeholder organizations
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group
- Comfortable using online working platforms
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English.
Partner Description:Mzuzu e-Hub is an entrepreneurship and innovation hub in Malawi providing working space and technical assistance to start-up and early-stage companies by linking them to a network of services for success. The hub focuses on start-up incubation, business development, networking, and capacity building. Mzuzu e-Hub facilitates structured mentorship between young entrepreneurs and innovators with established experts, researchers and icons in technology and business leading to increased skills development. To learn more please visit mzuzuehub.org/.Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Mzuzu E-hub focused on skills development and mentorship programs for youth through field based activities and office teamwork. In light of changes brought by the COVID-19 context, they are moving towards incorporating virtual and online platforms for technical support, youth mentorship, training and inclusion.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form, and will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Your work building capacity towards more resilient and inclusive economies is needed now more than ever! Though we have temporarily closed our offices globally, WUSC continues to work with our partners around the world, including through the support of e-volunteers residing in Canada. You can work remotely from your kitchen table and still make an impact through WUSC’s NEW e-volunteering program! See available e-volunteer opportunities below and click here for our e-volunteer FAQ.
We are also currently recruiting people with Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status - or people with citizenship or permanent residence status in countries in Africa or Asia - who are presently living in Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka or Vietnam. If this is your case, apply today specifying your current country of residence.
International Departures - On Hold
If you are currently residing in Canada and interested in volunteering internationally with us, we still want to hear from you! We are continuing to recruit for open international volunteer positions, though departures are on hold until April 2021. We will not send international volunteers until we are fully confident that it is safe to do so.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!