Available to: Corporate Volunteers
Location: Sri Lanka
Duration: 3 weeks
In Sri Lanka, WUSC programming focuses on supporting organizations based in and around Colombo, particularly those with branch offices in the northern, eastern, and southern regions. Youth unemployment rates remains high in the country, especially among young women and rural youth. Program volunteers will work with partner organizations to strengthen the youth employment and social enterprise ecosystems to enable improved and more inclusive employment related services for youth, in particular young women.
The Social Enterprise Advisor will assist the partner and their start-up social enterprises in sharing best practices in diverse areas such as marketing, finance and operations.
- Advise and assist on best practices for social enterprise startup management in the areas of finance, accounting and marketing;
- Share best practices on developing management plans for social enterprise startups;
- Collaborate with the partner to develop SWOT models for social enterprises;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits and;
- Write reports as required by partner and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in Business Administration or a related field;
- Experience in working with startups and incubation hubs and asset;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity and;
- Written and oral fluency in English.
For details on how to apply please contact your employer or email Katia Major at [email protected]. Please note that your employer must be a WUSC corporate partner in order for you to apply to this position. Thank you!