Available to: Corporate Volunteers
Location: Sri Lanka
Duration: 3 weeks
In Sri Lanka, WUSC programming focuses on supporting organizations based in and around Colombo, particularly those with branch offices in the northern, eastern, and southern regions. Youth unemployment rates remains high in the country, especially among young women and rural youth. Program volunteers will work with partner organizations to strengthen the youth employment and social enterprise ecosystems to enable improved and more inclusive employment related services for youth, in particular young women.
The Strategic Management Advisor will assist the partner to revise the existing strategic management plan to better suit their organisational needs and capacities.
- Collaborate with the partner to review, analyze and revise the existing strategic management plan;
- Strengthen the capacity of the organization by assisting in identifying opportunities and sharing strategic management best practices;
- Work with the partner to design workshops on the development of a strategic management strategy;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits and;
- Write reports as required by partner and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in business administration or a related field;
- Experience in business management and strategic management an asset;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity and;
- Written and oral fluency in English.
For details on how to apply please contact your employer or email Katia Major at [email protected]. Please note that your employer must be a WUSC corporate partner in order for you to apply to this position. Thank you!