The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) is a Government of Canada fund that provides financial support for small, local Non-Governmental Organizations and Community-Based Organizations to promote economic and social development at a community level through technical, economic, educational, cultural or social development projects.
This year in Botswana the CFLI is:
- providing support to Community Early Childhood Development initiatives, including initiatives that target orphans and vulnerable children;
- helping with projects on Health and HIV and AIDS with preference to projects that benefit Youth, women and the disabled;
- supporting Economic Empowerment Initiatives targeting orphans and vulnerable children and caregivers.
In Malawi, the CFLI is supporting several projects, which include:
- providing training opportunities in various professions for youth;
- constructing a community based child care centre for several villages;
- constructing a village clinic to help people in 22 villages;
- renovating and expanding outpatient palliative care clinics.