The WUSC-Uniterra Youth and Community Engagement team invites you to its 2012 Uniterra Leadership Meeting that will take place from August 17th to 19th, 2012. The meeting will be held in Ottawa-Gatineau and will bring together WUSC Local Committee members from across the country to network and share ideas!
Being a participant in the Leadership Meeting means:
- Learning about exciting WUSC and Uniterra campaigns and programs, including the Student Refugee Program, Bike for AIDS, Shine a Light, Buy Into Change and WUSC-Uniterra generally;
- Meeting and brainstorming with other inspiring Local Committee members from across the country;
- Participating in skills development workshops that will help you to achieve your Local Committee’s goals;
- Meeting with WUSC and Uniterra program staff to discuss strategies and programs;
- Receiving materials to share with your committee on campus.
This year, one member per Local Committee can register for the meeting. Accommodations, meals and transportation expenses are covered. We leave it up to each Local Committee to send the candidate who would best represent your committee. This person should be motivated and committed to properly sharing what they will learn at the meeting with their committee upon his or her return, as well as actively participating in the committee activities throughout the year.
To cover some of the overhead costs, we ask that each participating Local Committee member pay a registration fee of $25. Please know that we are very appreciative of this contributing cost.
As in the past, this three day meeting promises to be an inspiring weekend and an excellent learning opportunity for all those involved!
We look forward to seeing you in August!
WUSC's Youth and Community Engagement Team (formerly Campus Engagement Team)
*We know that some Local Committees would be interested and could afford to send more than one representatives, however, we can only host one representative per committee to this particular meeting. The WUSC International Forum coming up in November 2012 will be the place to send more people! Thanks for understanding!