International Development Week (IDW) is celebrated each year in Canada during the first full week of February. It provides a unique opportunity to learn more about Canada's role in international development and the important contribution of many Canadians in developing countries.
How can I participate?
- Attend an event
Symposia will be organized by WUSC Local Committees in Montreal, Quebec, St. John's (NF), Vancouver and Winnipeg.
- Organize your own event
Are you a returned Uniterra volunteer? Submit a "Public engagement Activity – Request for Support" form to get financial help.
- Share a video about development with your friends, family or colleagues
- Look up for internship or other volunteer opportunities abroad with the Uniterra program
- Tweet or update your Facebook status to underline the importance of International Development. Here are some ideas:
- Since 2004, 2,300 Canadian men and women have made the international leap as #Uniterra volunteers www.uniterra.ca
- Since 2004, 600 organizations in 13 countries received support from Canadian volunteers from their development www.uniterra.ca
- Since 2004, 700,000 Canadians have been made aware of development issues thanks to Canadians #Uniterra volunteers www.uniterra.ca
- 160,000 pple in developing countries, 60% of them women, have enhanced their skills thanks to #Uniterra volunteers www.uniterra.ca
- 470,000 ppl in developing countries have improved their living conditions, with the support of #Uniterra volunteers www.uniterra.ca