Saturday, August 22 to Monday, August 24, 2015 in Ottawa-Gatineau
Take your leadership skills to the next level with WUSC!
Represent your WUSC Local Committee at this year's Leadership Meeting in Ottawa! Join over 75 student-leaders from across Canada who are passionate about taking action to change the world through education. It's our most important training of the year!
Become a stronger leader for your Local Committee
WUSC's Leadership Meeting builds the capacity of Local Committee leaders across Canada to take action as global citizens on their campus and in their community. Over three days, come explore with us how to harness your unique leadership skills to build a more empowered Local Committee! You'll get to delve into our campaigns, make your on-campus Student Refugee Program more sustainable for years to come, and learn about exciting overseas opportunities for student-leaders with the Uniterra program.
- When: August 22, 23 and 24, 2015 (Saturday to Monday). Participants are expected to arrive Friday night.
- Where: Ottawa-Gatineau. Participants will stay at the University of Ottawa residences and be bussed every morning to our meeting site at the Université du Québec en Outaouais (UQO).
- Cost: There is a $30 registration fee per participant. Travel to and from Ottawa, food and accommodation is covered by WUSC and the Uniterra program.
Each Canadian WUSC Local Committee can send ONE student member who has been actively involved with their Local Committee for a minimum of one year, and who wants to take a leadership role this year. Participants should already have some knowledge about WUSC, our campaigns and the Student Refugee Program. Those who need a refresher or who are part of a new committee will be able to join a pre-Leadership Meeting “WUSC and SRP 101” Webinar in early August. Registered participants will get more information in the coming weeks.
Can I attend?
- You have been actively involved with your Local Committee (LC) for at least one year (New LCs are exempt from this rule).
- You are a returning LC member who is committed to playing a greater leadership role this year.
- You were chosen by your LC to represent them at Leadership Meeting 2015.
- You are available and committed to attend all full three days of training.
What can I expect?
- Meeting other WUSC youth campus leaders from across Canada;
- Exploring ways to harness your unique leadership style;
- Sharper knowledge of our campaigns and how to take action on your campus with WUSC;
- Learn about exciting new opportunities to volunteer overseas with Uniterra;
- Tips to empower your LC;
- Unique workshops with WUSC Canada staff and special guests; and
- FREE promo material to gear up your Local Committee for the year!
Register before Sunday, July 5!
- Leadership Meeting runs from Saturday, August 22 to Monday, August 24 (3 days).
- There is a registration fee of $30 per participant.
- One member per Local Committee can register for the meeting.
- We'll cover participants’ accommodation, meals and transportation for the duration of the training.
- DEADLINE to apply is Sunday, July 5.
Steps to register:
- Email us at email@example.com to inform us that you have been selected to represent your Local Committee before July 5. Please copy (cc:) your active Local Committee members in the email.
- We’ll send you an online registration form to fill out as well as key information to help you plan your attendance.
- Your spot will be officially reserved once you have filled out the online registration form and paid the $30 registration fee no later than Sunday, July 5.
The WUSC Campus Engagement team will send useful information regarding travel and accommodation at the time of registration. Don't delay - register for the Leadership Meeting 2015 today!