2017 WUSC Alumni Award
The WUSC Alumni Award is presented each year to recognize the outstanding contributions of a member of the WUSC network. This individual demonstrates ongoing commitment to the WUSC values (inclusivity, sustainability, facilitation, integrity, and leadership) and our efforts to change the world through education, employment, and the empowerment of youth.
The award is open to any WUSC alumni including International Seminar Participants, International Volunteers, Local Committee Members, SRP Students. The winner will be an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and made significant contributions in her/his professional or personal life in any of the following ways:
- Committing to improving the lives of marginalized youth.
- Promoting equal opportunities for men and women.
- Responding to the refugee crisis.
Nominations must include the following:
- The relationship of the individual to WUSC (both nominee and nominator) (e.g. former Local Committee member, former International volunteer).
- The ongoing contribution of this individual and why
the nominator feels this is an appropriate and timely recognition
The winner will be announced and presented with the award at the WUSC and CECI International Forum in January 2018.
Note: Award recipients living outside of Canada will be invited to receive the award virtually.